Chanced upon this great post by Matt Blumberg on “10 Characteristics of Great Investors“.
Should be read by ALL investors, I think.
I am listing my favourite five of the ten characteristics below:
- Great investors know how to give strategic advice without being in the operating weeds of a company
- Great investors get to know whole management teams, not just CEOs
- Great investors invite you to do diligence on them by giving you a list of every CEO they’ve ever worked with and asking you to pick the ones you want to talk to
- Great investors ask great questions
- Great investors don’t publicly take credit for the success of their investments, even if they were major drivers of that success